Inova Family Scholarship Program
Please note that the application should be completed by the Applicant/Dependent of the Inova team member. Please share the Program URL with the dependent to register on the site and fill out the application.
There is a section on Eligibility and Parent/Guardian information upfront, which needs collaboration between the dependent and the Parent/Guardian. It's advised that the Application process is started when both parties are available.
Please refer to the bottom of this page for the checklist of documents needed to complete the application.
The Inova Family Scholarship Program is for dependents of Inova team members. The program will be administered by our educational assistance partner Edcor and sponsored by Inova Health System.
The award is for one scholarship of $5,000/year awarded to eligible applicants. Applicants may receive an additional $5,000 for a second year provided they continue to meet all eligibility requirements (lifetime maximum payment of $10,000). Awards will be made payable to the university/college and mailed to the applicant's home address to be forwarded by the student to the university/college.
1. Parent/Guardian (Inova team member) must be in good standing and employed with Inova Health System at the time the scholarship is awarded, including the annual distribution of awards.
2. All regular full-time and part-time Inova team members budgeted to work ≥ 40 hours per pay period and with five (5) years of continuous service as of the date of application are eligible to participate.
3. Inova team members must be in a benefits-eligible status and not on a Personal Leave of Absence when the scholarship is awarded.
4. Applicants must be dependents* under age 26 and legal dependents of Inova team members. *Dependent children are defined as natural children, stepchildren, or legally adopted children living in the team member’s household or primarily supported by the team member and claimed as dependent on the team member's Federal Income Tax.
5. Applicant must be pursuing a degree in an approved healthcare-related field
6. Applicants must be in their Junior/Senior year in college and enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program of study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire academic year.
7. Applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
8. Applicants must show proof from the college or university they will be attending in Fall 2024.
9. Applicant must submit ALL completed materials by the deadline (May 31, 2024).
Documents and tasks required to complete the application.
1. Scholarship Application
2. Parent/Guardian Information
3. Proof of GPA. Your most recent school transcript
4. Proof of enrollment to the college/university being attended including proof of healthcare major
Please refer to the FAQs for additional information